Warm pumpkin salad.
I love pumpkin in all its forms, especially when it’s roasted to bring out its natural sweet flavour.
Tonight I’ve decided to do just that and combine it with green beans, spinach, chorizo and goats cheese to create a warm salad. Aside from the roasting time this recipe is rather quick!
The sharp, creaminess of the goats cheese compliments the sweet pumpkin perfectly.
- 1 large pumpkin (approximately 1kg)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 125g chorizo
- 200g green beans
- 1 large bunch of spinach
- 50g goats cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- chilli oil
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Cut pumpkin into quarters or large chunks and place in a roasting tray with olive oil and season generously with S+P. Roast for between 40-55 minutes or until golden brown.
- Heat a small saucepan and fry the chorizo until the oils starts to run out and it is cooked. Remove from the pan and dice.
- Top and tail the green beans and steam until tender. Run the beans under cold water so they stop cooking, drain and place in a salad bowl.
- Wash the spinach, cut off the stalks and place in the bowl.
- Remove the skin from the pumpkin, cut into medium sized pieces and add to spinach and green beans.
- Add the diced chorizo and crumbled goats cheese to the salad bowl and toss gently.
- Finish off the salad by dressing with half a juiced lemon and a few splashes of chilli oil.
Number of servings: 4