Coconut and passion fruit brownies.
Today we’re heading to a friends place for lunch and that gives me the perfect excuse to bake brownies! It also gives me a chance to post another recipe using coconut flour.
I often find brownies to be too rich so I’ve added some fresh passion fruit to mine to cut through the chocolate. You could also use raspberries, blueberries or strawberries to your creation. This recipe is both gluten and lactose free which makes it the perfect treat for people with allergies.
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa, sifted
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 100g dark chocolate
- pulp of 3 passion fruit
- icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly spray a 22cm square tin with cooking oil.
- Melt the coconut oil and sifted cocoa in a small saucepan over a low heat, once combined remove from the heat.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, honey and vanilla until light and fluffy (you can do this with an electric mixer but mine has recently broken).
- Pour the cocoa/oil mixture into the eggs and continue whisking until thoroughly combined.
- Add the chopped dark chocolate, passion fruit pulp and coconut flour to the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool before attempting to remove from tin.
- Remove from tin, cut into squares and sprinkle with icing sugar.
Number of servings: 12
Why not give this recipe a go and let me know how you get on? You can easily adapt this to your taste by adding some chopped nuts or changing the fruits and type of oil.